Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

EPL Kavadis

It was a great Thaipusam this year. Memorable I will say. Took "paal kudem", and joined several friend's and relative's kavadi precession. It was fun being with my friends, helping each other out. We set up a stall this year and will continue doing it, in upcoming years. May Lord Muruga blesses all of us...

I also have many pictures of us and videos on Thaipusam 2009 celebration...and I will post all of it later as I still working on it. Anyway the reason I wrote this time is to express my dissapointment on these two young Indians in Penang where they got this mixed feelings with their football interest and religous belief. It might sound to be hilarious to foreigners but this one for me personally, I already took it seriousy.

First of all, I dont want to bore all of you talking about this men and their kavadis, but as soon as I read this news on paper, I immediately had this fear as if this issue is not criticised and handled properly we might see a lot of "untolerable" kavadis in future. Normally, Kavadi has to create this feelings of love to GOD, admiring it's beauty is the point here. Not by creating something that you like and the most irriatating part is, what they did to their kavadi doesn't connect anything to our religion or any of our belief in Hinduism. Simply unacceptable.

This man here is said to be carrying kavadi for LORD MURUGA because of the birth of his son. Its ok.. I can say that acceptable. But why his kavadi has to be decorated in such manner?. I cant understand his point of view creating something like that and bring it down to Thaipusam festival. Yes, sometimes i hear people tell stories about this Thaipusam celebration and some of us may find it weird some time as so many "unexplainable" happenings will take place during the celebration, but it doen't has to be this weird rite?.

After the "Thasa Avatharam" kavadi in Thaipusam, here is one more in Penang, which prompts a lot of questions on our standing in our religous beliefs and values in future.




Come on stop all this craps... Let it remain as it was...

4 comments:

  1. life is all about makin difference... but this kind of weird n unsuitable kavadis all juz a crap as u said

    should appreciate ur initiative for givin voice against it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. But I believe, some Liverpool and Man UTD fans out there won't agree with the same idea. Anyway I hope, our Indians will protest to any kind of similar attempt, humiliating and exploiting the whole idea about carrying kavadis in future. Thats all.


    Muruga...

    ReplyDelete
  3. for ur kind info i, myself is a liverpool fan!!! didn't i agree wit u?
    u see... we cannt blame thm... those who took tht kavadi wouldnt have think as u did... its not their mistake... we r not even suppose to tel tht as a mistake, it juz a aariyamai(without knowin the consequences)

    we indians we should marappom mannipoom

    if they repeated tht next year, thn we can claim as mistake

    ps: do u think other club fanz(like arsenal) all wouldnt have think of doin the same thing?

    murugan next year arsenal kavadi paarkama iruntha sari! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arsenal's one, I hope not, and if, like you said, if anyone creates such kavadi, I will be the one of the millions protesting.

    Dont you agree?

    ReplyDelete