Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

FROM 'ROBO COP' TO 'ROBO CUP'



What you think about robotic technology? Cool, amazing or whatever word you would like to phrase to describe the fast growing robotic world.

Well, robots never fail to fascinate me. I even own my team with my friends, formed since our form 5 school season till now, working on small robots such as automatic -human grass cutter and one of our greatest invention is 'semi-robot arm wrestler'.

Our design never win any award or prizes but its enough to keep us proud. The idea of creating robots fired up inside us when we went for a educational trip to National Science Centre.
.

I dont want want to drag futher. Since I read an article on robotic technology I came across a topic called ' Robo Cup'. What actually is this "Robo Cup"?, you may wonder





Its a tournament(football competition) where scientists from all over the world compete each other putting the robots they designed to play soccer without human control. Amazing? Oh yeah for me! The long-term goal is to develop the underlying technologies to build more practical robots.




I wish one day my group also can compete in the tournament.



Maybe when you hear about this Robo Cup competition you will feel amused, but you might have to think again as there is another few amazing facts about these robots:

1) By mid-21st century, a team of fully autonomous humanoid robot soccer players shall win the soccer game, comply with the official rules of the FIFA

2) That's right; they plan on the robots beating the current, human World Cup champions. Can you believe it?

Anyway thats technology, practical application of science really rocks!!! Rite?




Due to decelerating streamyx connection, I am not able to upload some videos, so please kindly click on the youtube link shown below to watch it by yourself. Its really funny, try to watch it. If you can't click on it kindly copy and paste the URL
address and search.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMM_XQXJUUc&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?sa=N&hl=en&tab=nv&q=robocup%202008&feature=player_embedded


You see, even with my average style of living and limited cost to do anything I wish for, I do have this sense of concern with latest breakthroughs in techno world and also constituted with my curiosity about it, I manage to learn so many of things. So thats why these topic attributed my attention to write about it.










From the first video you can watch a match between two teams of robot, and if you already watch it I believe you might laughed as you were watching it. Am I right? Well, they are not as fast as Stevie G, Thiery Henry or even it can't match our local soccer players from Telekom... Thats just a joke. But what the other values that you can sense from that?

In my point of view, I intend this is just another future-entertainment waiting to roll on just like Playstation and other gaming stuff. Researches and experiments are being conducted by scientists, to train these robots to imitate exactly a normal human soccer player.








WOW! Doesn't that sound to be like a playstation version became reality?. This is not just about materialize someone's idea, its also about us, the people. Imagine how many job opportunities will be available, and will be offered in future. At least our future generations have something to focus about seriously, and this can produce a positive outcome then. Don't you think so?


If you think robot which looks like human is the only one,which can perform this task,well watch the second video. Observe, at the ending of the clip robots shaped like "boxes" playing soccer. That's COOL!! Scroll down at the more related videos section and you will witness more sensational performances by these robots.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASsbCufbn2I&feature=related

Before ending, sake of informing you, from the article I read, I perceived another sub-title about robots which sounds like this,

"ROBOTS WILL BE USED FOR SEX BY 2050"



Hhmm..Thats a title with a funny twang. Want to talk about it? I'd love to but due to slumberous eyes which is indicating that I have to go to sleep now I'd rather talk about it some other time.

Take Care...Cheers

1 comment:

  1. i thought its not my post...after readin ur blog n watchin those videoclip.... its juz a OMG post!!! i didnt even knw this kind of robots exitz...

    can u imagine hw it could be if henry n stevie g play like this in the field!!!!

    i was so tensed up... now im soo soo soooooo relax... a heartfully thnkz... luv ur post

    ReplyDelete